Vietnam’s government is officially extended the validity of tourist visa for US citizens from three months to one year in a bid to attract more arrivals. The successful conclusion of the arrangement underscores the commitment of the U.S. and Vietnam to improve the bilateral relationship by expanding existing trade and economic opportunities and developing people-to-people ties.
This law is effective on August 30, 2016. US citizens now can apply for a 1 year multiple entries visa for Vietnam.
It does not matter how long you plan to stay in Vietnam. “All Visa applications of US citizens will be issued for 1 year multiple entries Visa.” Just 1 type of Visa is applied for citizens of America now, it is 1 year multiple entries visa. Other type of Visa, such as 1 month or 3 months visa is not valid anymore.
* Please note:
– Apply for US citizens only.
– Purpose of Visit is Tourist or Business
– Just 1 year multiple entries visa is available now for US citizens. Other types of Visa including: 1 month single and multiple entries, 3 months single and multiple entries, 6 months multiple entries is NO more valid
– With 1 year multiple entries visa, for 1 visit, you can stay maximum for 3 months. After 3 months, you must exit and come back again with a new 3 months of staying, until the expiry date of your 1 year Visa.
– The stamping fee at the airport for US citizens is 135.00 USD.